We know a car isn't just a mode of transportation to get you from one place to another. In some cases, it's part of your livelihood. In others, it drops your kids off at soccer practice. It even helps haul livestock for your ranch. Your car isn't just four wheels, some doors and an engine. It's where life happens on a daily basis. Maybe you have a farm pickup, minivan or luxury sedan. Whatever you have in the garage, auto insurance is something that will protect it. From road trips to grocery store runs, auto policies provide daily protection for you and your car.
Auto policies provide protection for you and your automobile when an accident occurs. Policies cover liability, medical expense, physical damage and uninsured/underinsured motorists. But why do you need auto insurance and what do the coverages and discounts mean? AFR Insurance offers you a variety of options to fit your needs and with the help of your agent, you'll find the right coverage option to cover you and whatever life throws at you.
Why do you need auto Insurance?
You need auto liability insurance to comply with state laws. Driving without insurance can result in fines & possibly having your vehicle impounded. If you have a loan for your vehicle, most lenders require insurance to protect their interest in the vehicle. Liability coverage pays for another party’s injury &/or property damage when you are responsible for the accident.
What to do if you are involved in an accident
- Do not leave the scene of the accident, unless it is to get out of the way of oncoming traffic.
- Notify police or highway patrol immediately from the scene of the accident.
- Do admit fault or discuss the accident with anyone except the police or an authorized representative of AFR Insurance
- Verify insurance coverage by presenting the insurance verification card to the other party and the investigating officer.
- Obtain the name, addresses, phone numbers, license plate numbers and the other party's insurance company name, address, phone number, and policy number.
- Document when and where the accident occurred and take photos.
- Call your AFRMIC agent or the AFR Claims Department at 800-324-7771 as soon as possible to report the loss.
The AFR auto policies do not cover equipment that was not installed at the factory when the vehicle was made. Discuss adding specific coverage for equipment & accessories with your agent. All claims are evaluated based on the merits of the individual claim & applicable coverage purchased.
AFR benefits & discounts
AFR Insurance is one of the oldest insurance companies in Oklahoma, serving Oklahomans since 1905. Membership benefits include discounts from numerous retailers & service providers including AirMedCare Network, Johnny’s Selected Seeds, KD Loaders, P&K Equipment, Storm Safe Shelters, Embassy Suites and more! Policy discounts include multi-car, new policy, good student, safe driver, experienced driver, and driver’s education. Talk to your agent to see which discounts you qualify for.